I saw this quote today on food52 and absolutely loved it. It speaks volumes. What do you think?
- If you cook, your family will eat dinner together.
- If you cook, you will naturally have a more sustainable household.
- If you cook, you’ll set a lifelong example for your children.
- If you cook, you’ll understand what goes into food and will eat more healthily.
- If you cook, you’ll make your home an important place in your life.
- If you cook, you’ll make others happy.
- If you cook, people will remember you.
We don’t have kids yet but Steve and I have vivid memories of eating as a family at the dinner table when we were young. It’s something we’ve both held on to and continue to do even though it’s just the two of us. It’s a great way to take a moment, slow down, eat great food and catch up.
I hope this inspired you in some way!
That is my kind of inspiration! I look forward to heading home early to cook up some (sustainable healthy) tasties for my monkeys. Thanks for the share!
Glad you like it!
I am making this tomorrow. This is one of my favorite meals the parents would make for us. Reminds me of your track days, Tristins dance days, and my well… hoodrats days and us all at the dinner table for a nice family dinner!! Let you know how it turns out. Love you
your comment made me smile.